Jobs and vacancies for architects and related professionals from around the world. Click on any job for more information and details on how to apply. To view by region, select from the job category list.
Employers please follow the link on the right to post a job.
|Company Name||Green Cat Renewables Ltd|
|Location||Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||August 12, 2014|
Green Cat Renewables Limited provides support services primarily for the onshore renewable energy industry. The company was founded in 2005 and now comprises a multidisciplinary team over seventy strong, of specialist consultants, engineers and technical specialists based in four offices across Scotland but with a workload throughout the UK. We provide services encompassing planning and feasibility, resource assessment, environmental assessment, access surveys, geotechnical assessment, project management, construction and installation, health & safety and maintenance for a wide range of renewable energy developments.
The Planning & Environmental department is based across three of the four offices and comprises a team of twelve planners, environmental consultants, engineers and technicians. Since 2005, the department have delivered over 75 planning consents for renewables developments across Scotland and England totalling in excess of 150MW.
Assisting a team of landscape consultants and project managers by producing graphics and visualisations of planned renewables projects such as wind, hydro and solar. The graphics are produced to support planning applications to give a realistic representation of how the development would appear in the landscape once operational. There will be a requirement to develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of relevant guidance and best practice in place at a national, regional and local level to ensure the graphics are produced in line with specific requirements.
• 3+ years of experience in relevant position such as Architecture or Planning
• Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficient in 2D CAD, 3D modelling and rendering software
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with limited supervision, managing own workload to meet set deadlines
• Competent in MS Office programmes
• Good eye for accuracy and attention to detail
• Qualification in relevant graphics or design discipline
• Background and experience in renewables
• Familiarity of GIS software
• Experience of ReSoft WindFarm Software (or similar)
• Interest in digital photography
• Staff/line management experience
• Valid Driving Licence for use within UK.
Applicants must be entitled to work for organisations in the UK.
To apply please write enclosing full CV and covering letter to Debbie.email@example.com quoting Ref-: ‘Graphics Technician'. Closing date Friday 29th August 2014.